Skip to main content
Topic: Exporting midi file type 0 (Read 3085 times) previous topic - next topic

Exporting midi file type 0

I am experiencing problems with the midi files produced with version 1.5 not being recognized by my Yamaha Keyboard (PSR620). I had managed to get a previous version (?) to work, but cannot get this one to function. The midi files produced play fine on the PC players, and the actual files on disk are recognized - however the format appears to be rejected. Has anyone else had any experience of problems in this area or aware of any useful tools that may help to examine what is going on.

Regards
John

Re: Exporting midi file type 0

Reply #1
If you want Type 0 files, you need to set the MIDI File Type option accordingly in Tools, Options, File tab.

Reply #2
Sorry I ommitted to say that I have set the file type to type 0 (except in the message header). I have also attempted every possible option of the options but believe that SMF 0 and exclude header information are most appropriate - this has with version 1.5 not worked, however did appear to work with a previous version. Any clues ?

Reply #3
I do not know what your problem might be. If you have a sample of a MIDI file that works, and one that does not work, then we might be able to help. Send the samples to support, and mention this forum thread (534.htm).