Skip to main content
Topic: Moving songs into Word (Read 3707 times) previous topic - next topic

Moving songs into Word

I put together song-books - is it possible to put a copy of a song with notes into a wordprocessor such as Word? The printout of the songs is great, but the only way I can at present put them together with the rest of the song, and etc is to cut it out and stick it in.

Kevin McGrath kevin.mcgrath@bigfoot.com

Re: Moving songs into Word

Reply #1
Yes you can do it. You don't say whether you are using Windows 3.1 or 95 but here's how for 3.1
I believe that 95 is similar however you may not get as may choices at one of the stages.

1. In NoteWorthy go to Page Setup and select the staves that you want printed from the contents tab.
2. Go to the Preview tab and select preview
3. Select Copy from the Print Preview window.
4. Select one of the three options presented (this is where 3.1 and 95 differ I think). I believe the best option is one of the Metafile options. Option 1 will copy the page to the clipboard. Options 2 and 3 will ask for a filename to save as a BMP/WMF file. You only really need the file saving options if you have got many pages to do and you don't want to keep switching backwards and forwards. If you are following this through as an example then for now select option 1.

5. Go into Word.
6. Make sure that your page is set up for the way you want to print (Portrait or Landscape)
7. Select Past from the Edit menu - Et Voila !

Had you chosen options 2 or 3, you would need to select Picture from the insert menu and then select the appropriate file type (BMP or WMF) from the drop down menu. You will then be able to select the file that you saved in NoteWorthy and load it into Word.

Note    You can only do one page at a time whichever format you use.
   You may need to re-do certain pages since the 'copy mechanism' sometimes doesn't catch all of the writing on a page (the composers name for instance on the first page)
   Once in Word, the metafile options are ideal for resizing to fit the page.

As Eric would say - Hope this helps.

Richard

Re: Moving songs into Word

Reply #2
The 32-bit edition of NWC will copy a metafile graphic to the clipboard. It does not support the creation of a true *.WMF or *.BMP file. The 16-bit edition allows all three formats, as Richard describes above.