Skip to main content
Topic: Unexpected keychange after mpc (Read 3637 times) previous topic - next topic

Unexpected keychange after mpc

Lately I have been playing around with inserting multi-point controllers, especially linear sweep of pitch.
My problem is when I delete it afterwards, the playback key of that part is different!
Wot am I missing here?

Jon F.

Re: Unexpected keychange after mpc

Reply #1
If you use a multi-point controller to alter the pitch (via the Pitch Bend MIDI capabilities), then the notes that foolow the pitch bend will have their pitch changed accordingly. If you then remove the MPC item, the items will no longer have their pitch shifted up or down.

Reply #2
Yes, but even when I delete the mpc (which I had placed at measure 5), the pitch of the whole part changes (ie: from measure 1)!

Reply #3
If you altered the Pitch Bend settings in your sound card (used an MPC change), and did not reset the pitch bend back to zero, all future notes on that channel will play at the new, bended pitch. You need to reset the Pitch Bend setting. The easiest way to do this is to press the Stop button in NWC when nothing is playing. This will automatically reset the Pitch Bend settings on all channels (as well as shut off any stuck notes, etc.).