Skip to main content
Topic: Wheel Meese (Read 4054 times) previous topic - next topic

Wheel Meese

Hi guys and gals, a question for ya.
I'm using Windows 98SE with a Logitech "Wheel Mouse".
Ya know, one that has a little roller where the middle button on some meese would be.  The problem is that when I have just three staves or less, the roller scrolls the horizontal slider so that I can go from the front to the end of the song.  However, when I have enough staves that the vertical slider appears, the roller then scrolls the vertical slider only.  Is there any way that I can tell it to still use the horizontal slider???

Re: Wheel Meese

Reply #1
It seems that if there are more staves than fill the window then you get the vertical scrolling, otherwise you get horisontal scrolling. So you could:
1  Zoom out by clicking the minus magnifying glass - that would probably make things to small.

or

2  Go to page setup and select only the staves you really need to see. If these are less that a vertical screen full then you will get horisontal scrolling.

Hope this helps.

Barry

Reply #2
Hi Barry.  Yea, both of those suggestions would work.
I was just hoping that there was some sort of overall default I could set to keep it using the horizontal scrolling.

Thanks
The Hankster

Reply #3
Also, at least with some Logitech wheel mice, you can click the wheel to bring up a scrolling compass.

After you have clicked the wheel move your mouse down to scroll down, up to scroll up etc.
To quit scrolling, click the wheel again.

Reply #4
Thnat reminds me: A few onths ago, the local library was clearing old books to make room. I looked through the discards. One of them was the manual for a first-generation Logitech mouse. The manual was well over 200 pages long! For a MOUSE!

Reply #5
We all said "mouses" back in the day.
Then somehow it changed to mice.
Now are we supposed to say "meese?"
That just doesn't sound very nice.

Reply #6
By the way, are wheel meese different from fake meese?

Reply #7
Ha! good question. I'll ask it to my gice. no, geese?