Skip to main content
Topic: NWC is a mighty nice program, BUT... (Read 5221 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC is a mighty nice program, BUT...

...there is one aspect of NWC that I find exasperating, aggravating,  and irritating too.

This is the inability to automatically (without constant forced moves) maintain the insertion point for a staff more or less in the center of the page.  The way NWC works now,  I can see several measures of what I have already written, but I cannot see any of the upcoming measures.  For me, anyway, it is very desirable to be able to see a couple of measures of an already-completed staff while I am working on another.

I tried inserting empty measures at the end of the active staff as suggested by Milton in post #3957.  This helps somewhat, but is still, at best, a cumbersome and ultimately unsatisfactory "work-around".

Does anyone have another suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

--debo

Re: NWC is a mighty nice program, BUT...

Reply #1
Make sure that you submit your request to the wishlist.  That's where NoteWorthy Software officially keeps track of user requests.  I know I already suggested the same thing at one point.  Perhaps we will see it in a future release.

John

Reply #2
Hi Al,tried to send you an email with suggestions but it got knocked back.Have you changed your address?Send me your new one thanks.Lew.C

Reply #3
Hi Lew,

Yes, I changed my email address.

My NEW email address:  debo1@webjemm.net

The internet virus/worm situation had become so bad that I had to do something.  I was getting several HUNDRED email messages each day from a few accounts and all contained a virus or worm.  My firewall and anti-virus program was catching them, still, it was a pain to fool with them.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Thanks!

-- Al W

Reply #4
Lew, I'd like to hear your suggestions, too. :-)
Why not post them here?
Debo, it would have been safer to use eg
"debo1 webjemm net and change the spaces to the obvious".
I don't know if spam-crawlers come through this part of the universe, but if they do, they may have just collected your latest "safe" e-mail.

Reply #5
Spam-crawlers are everywhere.
I posted my email here once, and the junk started flying into my inbox over the next few days.
I posted at another forum - same thing.
THEN I found out about spam-crawlers.
Wish Ida knowed soonr...

Sometimes when I post nowadays, I just make up a fake address for the spam-crawlers to find, and then maybe those d*mn spammers will get a whole bunch of bounced emails...

mike.washburn@iwon.com

Reply #6
PgUp, Ctrl-Right, Ctrl-Right-Ctrl-Right, PgDn usually helps (if the staff you are working on is directly below a bar that already has more bars). But maybe this corresponds exactly to the forced moves you referred to.
It is the fastest way I know to keep bars in view.

Rob.

Reply #7
On my side when I need this, I leave the mouse (pointer!) above the right arrow of the horizontal slider. As I rarely use the mouse within NWC (or in general), it's just a click (no move) away.

P.S. Good candidate for the good old macro recorder, this said :)