Skip to main content
Topic: Broken chords & Blank Manuscript (Read 4252 times) previous topic - next topic

Broken chords & Blank Manuscript

I am new but NoteWorthy Composer and cannot find the
Broken Chord symbol or how to achieve broken chords
also, is it possible to print a partially blank
manuscript showing ledger lines and bar lines.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you

David Turvey

Re: Broken chords & Blank Manuscript

Reply #1
I'm not exactly sure of what broken chords are that you are talking about. One thing I'd like added as well, is support for two eigth notes ro be chorded together but not two notes on one stem. I mean one going up and the bass one going down. Is this supported?

Reply #2
I especially like David's ideas. Especially the printing out of a blank score. Would Noteworthy consider adding this feature to their great program, so we can print blank scores with our choice of staves and staff heights (e.g. 50pt, etc)?

This would make NoteWorthy look like a standard for music education maybe. :-)

Reply #3
I'm in total agreement. I'm always trying to find some way to make the cresc/decresc look right. The text simply doesn't cut it.
And broken chords are a must for piano music. Do you guys at Noteworthy play piano or what?

Some graphical symbols, please? #:)

I've had to fake some broken chords, too, David. The best shortcut for the correct sound is to use 32nd or 64th notes barred together, tied to a chord with the same notes. It's a but choppy, but close.

A blank score would again be very nice. As it is, I was able to make some notation paper with WordPerfect: I just held down the underscore key until 5 lines were filled, hit enter twice, and continued until the page was done. Line height can be adjusted using the line spacing option in the Format menu.

Reply #4
Hey Guys,

I think I have an idea for the blank scores. I have NOT tried this yet, but here's how I'd do it:

Create as many staves as you want for your blank page. (e.g. 5)
Don't add any bar lines.
Go in the page setup thingy and select Extend last system.
Go to preview and see if it will work.
Print it.

I guess you could try placing in different clefs too.
Now I'll go and try it!

Reply #5
Yay! I solved that; now let's do the broken chords thing!

Reply #6
I couldn't get David's "extend last system" trickfor printing blank staves to work, although maybe I'm just being a gourd-head. Add a new staff, select "extend last system" from the options tab in print preview, right? What am I doing wrong? It'd be great to be able to print a blank staff paired with the basic chords of a song, so our violin player could write in her part below.

Reply #7
"Another Eric", what you want is a blank staff along with written staff, am I right?
In that case, you just need to insert as many "empty" measures as needed.

Enter a whole rest, a single bar line, edit their properties to hide them (make them not visible), the rest for sure, the bar line only if you don't want to display barlines; then copy/paste them as much as required.
Go and check the print preview.
If correct, then you just have to print it...(and save it, though you can do this within 50 seconds)

Reply #8
I was wondoring wheres a website where I can print out blank staves an ledger lines so I can write my own music.

Reply #10
A simple program to produce manuscript, score paper, percussion staves and a host of other scaleable, useful graph papers can be found here.
http://perso.easynet.fr/~philimar