Skip to main content
Topic: missing bars after printing (Read 2652 times) previous topic - next topic

missing bars after printing

well i downloaded the trial version and have found it to be a great program, so i have ordered it.  hopefully the licensed copy will be here in a few days, but until then i wanted to print a copy of what i have done so far, as i'm a little worried about losing it after i uninstall the trial version and install the licensed version.  i have tried to print several times, and naturally the order form prints too, but all of the music is not printing out, and my bar repeat numbers are not showing up either. it is almost as if another page needs to print but is not.  and i have checked the printer settings to be sure it prints all pages.  is this just a feature of the trial version? and will it go away once i have the licensed verision installed?

Re: missing bars after printing

Reply #1
Make sure that you save your evaluation files in a separate data folder, instead of with the NWC program files.

Alternatively, you can simply install the CD version of NWC over your current evaluation.

There is nothing in the trial version that hides repeat bars when printing.

Reply #2
Well i received the program and installed it.  Works great and my original file was still there.  Even after saving it as a registered user tho, and trying to print again, about half of the bars that i have written are still missing. perhaps i am missing something?  some of the bars are repeats, while others continue on, but the printed page stops at the end of the repeat section. any thoughts would be great

Reply #3
You've probably made some mistake in the bar lines that is causing some of the piece not to print.  NoteWorthy Composer relies on bar lines when determining how to print the music.  Make sure that you use the same bar line on each staff of a system and that the bars line up vertically for each staff in a system.  (You can use Tools|Audit bar lines for this purpose.) If you can't find your mistake, give us a URL to your file and we'll spot it.

Reply #4
yep,  misplaced some bar lines. i just finished reading the faq #93, and that was it.  my bad,(newbie) but thanks for the info.