Skip to main content
Topic: Euph TC to Euph BC transposition (Read 2329 times) previous topic - next topic

Euph TC to Euph BC transposition

I am needing to transpose a euphonium TC piece to euph BC. Is this possible with NWC and how do you go about it? If it is not possible, please refresh my memory on how to accomplish this manually.

GK

gktuba@hotmail.com

Re: Euph TC to Euph BC transposition

Reply #1
Generally, to transpose music on the Treble (G) clef to music on the Bass (F) clef:

Select the music (all or part of the staff).
Ctrl+Shift+ up cursor five times.
Change the clef.

Don't know if there's anything special about euphonium.

Reply #2
There is something special about a euph.  When written in treble clef it is treated as a transposing instrument in Bb (down a ninth).  When written in bass clef it is written at concert pitch.

There are many ways to remove the outer covering from felines but the following should work for you:

1. Transpose the staff down two semitones

2.Select the whole staff and Cntrl+Shift down cursor twice.  This puts tht notes in the correct sp

Reply #3
Sorry, my finger slipped:  as I was writing....

There is something special about a euph. When written in treble clef it is treated as a transposing instrument in Bb (down a ninth). When written in bass clef it is written at concert pitch.

There are many ways to remove the outer covering from felines but the following should work for you:

1. Transpose the staff down two semitones

2.  Select the whole staff and Cntrl+Shift down cursor twice.

3.  Change the clef from Treble to Bass.

HTH

Stephen