Skip to main content
Topic: Any Timidity users out there? (Read 1804 times) previous topic - next topic

Any Timidity users out there?

I have a short piano piece saved as a .mid file.  When played through Timidity, at the end of the work, there is a subdued "chorus" of every note that had been previously played.  Sort of like when you hold down a bunch of notes on an electric organ.

The volume is low but it ruins the piece.  This chorus doesn't decay with time and only stops when the end of the midi file is reached.

When I play this same piece directly through NoteWorthy or via the Microsoft Media player there's no problem - so I don't suspect my sound card (an old AWE32).  It looks like it's a problem with Timidity.  I've got all the Timidity effects turned of (like reverb, chorus, etc) but still no good.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?  Solutions?

Thanks very much.
Richard

Re: Any Timidity users out there?

Reply #1
Do you have a place on the web where you can post the MIDI or NWC file, for others to look at? There are several Timidity users here, but I don't recall encountering the problem before.

Since there's another e-mail attachment worm going around, it's a bad idea to send a file that way.

All I can think of is that maybe your music has a common problem: Notes tied across measure bar, where one measure has an accidental and the other doesn't. But I would think you'd also hear that problem within NWC, maybe even within MS media player.