Skip to main content
Topic: Upgrade 1.7b (Read 6398 times) previous topic - next topic

Upgrade 1.7b

Found the new upgrade yesterday though there is no mention of it anywhere on the website, forum or newsgroup. does anybody know what improvments it brings 'cos I haven't found any ( yet ).

Re: Upgrade 1.7b

Reply #1
When you select "Check for Web Updates", it displays a page to update to 1.75b.  The information on that page indicated that it just contained security safeguards.  I found no other mention of it on the web site.  Maybe that's part of the security safeguards.

John

Reply #2
Noteworthy should be congratulated on their pro-activity in neutralizing a dastardly threat.

Apparently, all known copies of Mozart's Requiem notated in NWC vanished suddenly and without explanation. But at least now there's evidence of a Weapon of Mass Destruction.

Reply #3
Yes, Ok... but what does version 1.7b do that the previous version did not?

Reply #4
No idea.
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI

Reply #5
That's confidential.

Reply #7
Thank you for corredcting my typo... but is there an advantage to upgrading to 1.75b.

Reply #8
See reply 5.

Reply #9
Usually with NWS products, there are advantages to install the updates. I've installed more than 15 updates of NWC I think, and was never sad for having done so. I can't tell the same from some other (more expensive) products of much greater companies who take less care of their users.

Reply #10
So nobody knows what upgrade 1.75b does.
We have 1. It deletes all references to Motzarts Requiem.
2. If it's there it must be good.
3. Its a goernmment rquirement; its good but we not allowed to know what it does.

this is all getting a little Kafkasque.

Reply #11
What is the mystery? As stated in Reply 6, version 1.75b includes additional  security safeguards (which safeguards NWC against a virus attack).

Reply #12
If everyone knew what the security was, it wouldn't be very secure, now would it?

Other news: Microsoft has another critical security patch for Windows XP on Windows Update, today. Get it.

Reply #13
Kafkaesque
[abbr=not "Motzart"]Mozart[/abbr]
It's a government requirement; it's good...

Reply #14
Thank you one and all, now I know, and so do most of the others. "Security safeguards" means something different to different people.

Re; typo's. Chill out!! I once was a pedant, tut tutting over every spelling mistake, that was until I was expected to enter lots and lots of notes into a computer at work. Computer keyboards are not the most intuitive devices and voice recogntion is not idiot proof. What took 30 seconds to write with a pen now takes 10 mins. 30 seconds to type it and 530 seconds to check and correct. Such is progress.

Reply #15
  • As long as NoteWorthy Online says "version 1.75b includes additional security safeguards (which safeguards NWC against a virus attack)", I'm confident. I work with NWC software since enough time to know (by experience) that they do a good job.
  • About pen vs keyboard, and typos: it is clear that the usual standard QWERTY keyboard is NOT intuitive, as it was created to slow down the user at a time where the typewriters had needles that needed not to be mixed up. If you want a keyboard that allows you to type much quicker, use the Dvorak configuration (look into your windows help).
    And funny, what I used to write by pen in 30 seconds (with 2 minutes to re-read it as I write like a mad cat) now takes me 15 seconds on keyboard. Plus a spell checker, at least here when adding reply, just look at the top of the page when clicking "Preview"), which I like since US-English ain't my mother tongue.
    You probably have 10 fingers. Use all of them if you can. It's worth the effort!
    About the voice recognition, it's rather proved idiot... But what fun :)
An eastern-from-Rhein kid