Skip to main content
Topic: More Wishes (Read 3841 times) previous topic - next topic

More Wishes

Hello All,
I have to agree that NoteWorthy is a superb value for money package. (Don't put the cost up!) This forum where relatively small niggles and glitches can be sorted out by other users is a great idea.

What I wish for though, is when I place chord symbols on the stave ( eg C , G7, Am etc) I would like these to be transposed with the notation.

Why? If I transpose from say concert pitch up two semi-tones for a Bb instrument, It is useful for improvisers to see the chord symbols for their instrument.

Regards Arthur Archer.

Re: More Wishes

Reply #1
I agree. But since chord symbols are current only text field, it's meaningless at this point. Need the chords to have value as far as beats are concerned, and then we can (that's me and the mouse in my pocket, I'm guessing) can assign semitone counts for the letter names of chords and count up the number of semitones to actually perform a transposition.
On the other hand, mayber a macro can handle this. Any takers? Maybe break down the flats and sharps and assign values for those, add that to the chord letter name, then count up the number of semitones and re-assign the proper chord value?

Reply #2
I don't think we can do anything other than manual adjustment until NWC actually implements chords (add your vote to the wish list, I prefer to think that the wish-list mechanism actually works). A macro can't do this unless it has a way of looking at the text, which it can't.
Musicmaker, an Australian product, has a good chord implementation, where each chord has a set of check boxes for b5, aug, 7, maj7, etc... and then a drop down list for A, A#, Bb, B, C, C#, Db, etc. (ie we should include enharmonics). Then when you transpose a staff, the program just looks for chords as well, and transposes them too. Very easy. ("Yeah, right" says Eric).

Andrew

Reply #3
That would be a great feature. But What I think would be
better is to implement graphical chord icon. For example:
Encore let's you add the chord symbol (a grid with dots for
finger placements and the chord name next to it). This
feature would help out a LOT and then possibly, It would
then let it transpose the chord name... Where would I find
the wish list anyway? Is it in this forum???