Skip to main content
Topic: rumor I heard....... (Read 2390 times) previous topic - next topic

rumor I heard.......

I heard from a friend that note worthy has midi files in it, that if it recognizes a piece written by the person, it won't play the notes he entered, but the midi file it has instored, is that true??????????

Re: rumor I heard.......

Reply #1
Not sure what you mean. Are you saying that if your friend hooks up a MIDI piano keyboard to NWC and plays Beethoven's Fur Elise (perhpas with errors), that NWC will deviously look into its hidden database and substitute a pre-made MIDI file of Fur Elise (without errors), rather than the notes played?

No way, José.

There are numerous files of music (in NWC format or MIDI format) available on the Noteworthy Scriptorium and other places. Perhaps what your friend meant is that a pre-made file could be played via NWC, while your friend fakes "air piano"? Sure, why not!

Reply #2
>is that true

No.

Reply #3
There are numerous files of music (in NWC format or MIDI format) available on the Noteworthy Scriptorium and other places.
And not all of those are without errors.
Take a look at/listen to the Overture to the Barber of Seville at this site.
There is an E# in measure 14 in the first violin, and in the same measure another E that has no accidental on it.
It really should be E natural, but the way MIDI works, it sounds as an E#.
And the tempo!  AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
The slow part is too fast and the fast part is too slow!
In fact, the tempos sound nearly identical.

Reply #4
Well, here's your opportunity to improve the overall quality of the Scriptorium, which is after all a user-owned and -operated repository of user submissions.

Contact the author of the file(s) in which you find errors, if approached politely most contributors will be delighted that someone else takes enough interest in their work to proof-read/ -listen.