Skip to main content
Topic: Multi-movement works in Noteworthy (Read 3275 times) previous topic - next topic

Multi-movement works in Noteworthy

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if it is possible to create a multi-
movement work in -one- NWC file, and adding sub-titles
(Rondo, Minuet etc) above each movement.

Also, is there any way to be more 'free' as regards
to the layout, for instance, if I want the title of the work
to be

SONATA
for Violin and Piano

instead of just

SONATA

?

Thanks for any replies.
-- Seb

Re: Multi-movement works in Noteworthy

Reply #1
You can add text items anywhere you want, in just about any font or size imaginable.

The difficulty is that if you change anything later (even which printer you use) then positions can change. So it's best to make such layout enhancements as the very last thing you do.

Reply #2
Thanks! That solves both the sub-titles and title
problem.
How about creating multiple movements?
Is there any way to 'tell' Noteworthy to stop a movement
here, than make a break, new line, and intendation?

Thanks
-- Seb

Reply #3
No, you can't force a new section with indented first system (optionally with instrument names).

However, you can usually work around this by having two separate sets of files. The first is just the single, long file used for playback continuity. The second is a set of individual files, one per movement, for printing purposes. If you wish, you can start page numbering anywhere you like, so that each movement pick up where the previous one left off.

Reply #4
Cheers Fred!

OK, I'll try to find some workaround for movement titles.
I was thinking more along the lines of how to avoid having
a 'full-blown' mega title above each movement, where a small
'RONDO' or 'FINALE' sign would look better... but there is
always tipex in the worst case :-)

-- Seb

Reply #5
You can always modify the font size for the title.  Use Page setup and pick the fonts tab.

Reply #6
...a new section with indented first system
I have figured out a way to do this, because a Coda is supposed to be indented.  At the Coda (or new section, in your case), I place a clef and key signature and a clef and key signature again, make the first set white - using Highlight - and also cover the piece of the staff that still shows with a big rectangle (from a dingbat font) also made white.  The rectangle must be right-justified to cover the staff.  [There are some odd things that happen sometimes with this method, but compensation is easy enough.]

Reply #7
Very clever! Thanks for the tip.