Skip to main content
Topic: X Notes (Read 2924 times) previous topic - next topic

X Notes

I was wondering if you could add a note with an X on the bottom instead of an actual note.  I am creating music for percussion and I need Xs instead of notes ... is there a way to do that?  Also, has there been a way to add bar rests yet?  One more thing ... can you make a repeat the last two measures symbol?  Thanks.

Re: X Notes

Reply #1
Yes and no. Search this forum for "x head" for other threads on the subject. Be sure to chose responses that have been within the past year or so.

In NWC 1.75, there is no automatic capability for X-head notes. However, there are ways to fake it, requiring file manipulation. If you aren't going to do X-heads in NWC 1.75 too often, those other threads will describe various work-arounds.

Reply #2
"At this time, no" to the other two questions also. But there again, there are workarounds that work fine for many situations. One of the many threads that address this is https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=1837. There are quite a few others, enter "multi bar rests" in the search facility (search Message Text).

Reply #3
i don't know what you should do