Skip to main content
Topic: What do you think? (Read 3937 times) previous topic - next topic

What do you think?

When I print (I haven't bought this product YET) it always says Unregistered Note Worthy Score print at the bottom of the page and above every system... Will that go away? Also is this software good? or not... Please give me and answer from a scale of 1 to 10.

Re: What do you think?

Reply #1
Yes. Yes.

For my uses as composer, sequencer and publisher, NWC rates a 9. (Actually, make that about 9.5.)

Reply #2
I absolutely agree with Fred.  You will not be disappointed by this software.  It is only by using it that you become aware of just how good it is and what a lot of features it has.  It is upgraded regularly and every effort is made to incorporate changes suggested by the end-users.  One of the best features is this forum.  There are so many knowledgeable people, like Fred, always willing to share their expertise and to sort out your problems.

Reply #3
And after you buy and register NWC, you can sign up for the newsgroup, which is an additional wealth of knowledge and help.

John

Reply #5
Great Piece of Software. I just bought the full version after playing with the evaluation version. Amongst other things I'm using Sounfonts with it and scoring instrument parts to embelish a live 5 piece Gospel group. 9.8 out of 10

Reply #6
Best buy for the bucks that you will EVER find.

It isn't perfect, and there are some features that I'd like to see added, but it IS extremely good as it is now.  It is one of the most reliable and stable pieces of software that I have ever purchased.  9.5+ out of 10.

-- alw

Reply #7
I'd say 10 out of 10 as a score writer, 9.5 as an arranger's tool, and about 6 or 7 as a direct-to-MIDI composer. But even for the last it's easy to use and a bargain.

I don't think there's a better score-writing program, anything comparable is literally ten times the price or more. It's good but not great for creating listenable files; I find it perfectly satisfactory because I'm basically using it as a "music processor" to make scores the same way I'd make text with a word processor. It's handy to be able to play stuff back and make sure I didn't make a mistake in writing but I don't regard the finished score as something I'd play to listen to for pleasure.

People who do make scores to listen to get very creative with workarounds, multiple hidden staves, and so on, and things can sound really good, depending on your soundcard.

It's best if you can already read and write music. If your inner ear isn't that good, it's very useful to hear an approximation of how an arrangement will sound. If you want to create electronic or MIDI music for listening, there are probably better tools out there, but none simpler to use or cheaper.