Skip to main content
Topic: nwcv15.ttf (Read 31904 times) previous topic - next topic

nwcv15.ttf

Hey i'm runny Windows Xp and i can't install NWC. When I run setup/install, a Font error popsup, where it says that it need a true-type font (nwcv15.ttf)

Re: nwcv15.ttf

Reply #1
Sounds like your PC is telling porkies, NWCV15 is in the NWC program.

Reply #2
This font is installed when you install the program. You can also find it in the NoteWorthy Composer Program Files area, where you can manually install it.

Reply #3
The Error is that NWC looks for the font "NWCV17" Instead.

Reply #4
Wrong. The font needed and used by NWC is NWCV15.TTF. This is therefore the font that it looks for.

However, if it doesn't find it, the report dialog contains the error ...V17...

Reply #5
I had this same problem with upgrading to a new version on Windows XP.  What I had to do was delete the old version of nwcv15.ttf in the fonts directory and install the new version using the control panel fonts install options.

Reply #6
I keep unistalling and re-installing NWC and it still won't find NWCV15!!  It is in the program file place like it it supposed to be, and it is also in my fonts directory!!  WHAT IS WRONG!!!!!!??????

Reply #7
If re-boot does not help...

I wonder if the problem has something to do with case-sensitivity of the font file name? If you know how to use the Windows regedit, see what it has listed by searching (if you do not know what this means, then DO NOT attempt it).

Reply #8
What version of Windows are you using? If it is Windows 95, 98, or ME, then you might have too many fonts installed.

See also:
- faq #70: How to fix Font Error: NWC true-type font cannot be found

Reply #9
I have Windows ME.  I will try the regedit.  Yes, I know how to use it.

Reply #10
It has two of them.  On listed as Nwcv15.ttf and the other NWCV15.TTF

Reply #11
I do not have too many fonts.  I only have 691.

Reply #12
Depending on the name of the fonts, 691 could easily be too many fonts for Windows ME.

Reply #13
I have over 700 fonts, and the only program(s) that doesn't like this is MS Works Suite.
Nothing else complains.

Reply #14
When you have too many fonts installed on Windows 95, 98, or ME, you generally will not get any feedback of this fact from programs. Even NWC will not complain, so long as the NWC font is one of the fonts that are working.

Reply #15
How do I make it one of the fonts that works???  I NEED THIS PROGRAM!  I NEED IT NOW!  I have to start making the music for a commercial tomorrow.  Yes, a commercial.  It is on a very low budget and this is the program we chose for the music.  We chose it because it is very good and popular!

Reply #16
See reply 8.

Reply #17
Didn't work...

Reply #18
If that didn't work, try this unofficial advice: Uninstall the NWC program and any NWC-related programs (e.g., player). Then, go to the fonts folder, and (if necessary) manually uninstall any copy of Nwcv15.ttf, whether or not capitalized. Then (CAUTION: Only for experts!) in regedit, search for nwcv15 and remove any references to the font, whether or not capitalized. REBOOT. Re-install NWC. REBOOT.

If that still doesn't help, ... ?

Reply #19
It's simple, really.  According to the web page that NWC refers to, all you have to do is double click the font file within the NoteWorthy Composer program directory.  Even if the font is not in the font folder, it will still act as if installed while it is open.  If that does not work, you have too many fonts.  Period.
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI

Reply #20
I deleted almost every font, and it still doesn't work

Reply #21
Sounds like a mystery problem. Removing fonts didn't help? Opening the uninstalled font (and leaving it open, per FB) didn't help? Regedit didn't help?

I don't suppose that your system is configured for multiple users, with password-protected user logons? Maybe part of the program is inaccessible to all users? Just guessing.

Reply #22
Only one user.

Reply #23
When I recently reinstalled NWC 1.75 from the CD, in preparation for reinstalling version 2, I installed it in a folder named C:\Program files\Noteworthy Composer 1-75.  When I tried to open the program today, it couldn't find the NWCV15.TTF file even though it was present in that folder AND installed in the Windows Fonts folder.

Version 2 opened without any problem.

I wondered if NWC 1.75 was searching in the correct folder.  I created an otherwise empty folder called C:\Program files\Noteworthy Composer and copied the TTF file (NWCV15.TTF) there from C:\Program files\Noteworthy Composer 1-75.

Version 1.75 now opens.  My conclusion is that the TTF file must be in a folder that has the path name which NWC 1.75 searches as a target, C:\Program files\Noteworthy Composer.