Skip to main content
Topic: Loading Soundfont (Read 3709 times) previous topic - next topic

Loading Soundfont

Hi,
Is there a way of loading downloaded soundfonts into NoteWorthy? Please help.

Re: Loading Soundfont

Reply #1
All NWC does is send midi codes to your midi hardware (be it your sound card or an external device). So, you need to figure out whether you can load soundfonts to your sound card, not NoteWorthy.

Reply #2
There are ways of using soundfonts to play MIDI, where the soundfont is loded into software rather than the soundcard. In other words, the soundfont MAY be usable via such software, even if the sound card does not support soundfonts directly.

The "Timidity" program described in https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=3468 is one of several programs that can load soundfonts as software - but I haven't personally tried changing from the default set. If you want to play your NWC music using a soundfont, you save your music as MIDI, then play the MIDI through a program (or sound card) that supports the soundfont.

Reply #3
I have de software midi2wav, very easy, it records your midi file and make a wave file. After this i convert the midi file to mp3 with dbpoweramp, this is free, greetings

Reply #4
It is easy to change soundfonts with Timidity, but the documentation that you get from the Timidity website is pretty sparse. It also converts midi to .wav or .mp3 in 1-step.  With all the interest in Timidity (FREEWARE), I have created a new website devoted to Timidity and it is getting over 500 downloads per week.

You can get 3 different easy installations of Timidity, 1) with my default TimGM6mb.sf2, 2) install w/o the sf2, or 3) just get updates if you already have Timidity installed. You can download other quality FREE soundfonts, see Timidity screenshots, and get installation Help, and put yourself on a mailing list to be automatically notified of all the updates. I also created a Timidity Forum to answer additional questions that might come up. Check out: Tim Brechbill's Timidity Website

Reply #5
Thank you all for the information, I appreciate it