Skip to main content
Topic: Several bar rests. (Read 4852 times) previous topic - next topic

Several bar rests.

Is it possible with NoteWorthy to place in a symbol to show several bar rests?
e.g:
---4---

This is for printing separate parts for instrumental solos in orchestral pieces where one instrument may not play anything for a while.

(when I print my scores I copy each staff into a separate file - that's why that symbol would be useful)

Thanks all!

PS: Does NoteWorthy make an "I love Noteworthy" badge?

Re: Several bar rests.

Reply #1
See my note about fonts.

I LOVE the "I Love Noteworthy" idea! If someone creates it, it can be PRINTED! As in using your deskjet with the correct ink to print it on a T-Shirt!

I personally like the idea of an honest to goodness USERS group.

Oh.... The several bar rest and the several bar repeat are the first fonts I am creating. I am DESPERATE for these!

John

Reply #2
I have posted a zip file called Boxes.zip which contains the multi-bar rest markers, and boxed letters for section opens on the newsgroup.
You may have to use the file option More Messages in the newsgroup to get back to it.
The boxed letters are required to provide rehearsal marks because you lose the sequence of measure numbers when you compress multi-bar rests to one bar for part print out.
If you use this font always leave a measure rest in the bar and cover it with the left hand multibar rest marker otherwise - BIG problems.
If you cant find the news item - Email me and I'll post.
I intend to expand this font with other goodies but I'm up to my neck in crocs just at the moment - draining the swamp will have to wait!!!

Reply #3
Hey Team,

You know how NoteWorthy has a great Page Setup menu screen with the tabs, and how if you change something in one, it updates the other info (like the preview, etc)?

Consider too that the several bar rests option will only be useful when previewing (to copy) and printing.

So if they stuck in an option box in the Options tab, that when clicked, went through the staves and replaced a series of bar rests with a line and number, this addition would be successfully implemented.

:-)

Reply #4
I think this is a very good way to implement it, since lining up staffs is probably easier to consider at the printing stage.

A

Reply #5
One way to do this is to set up local repeats. For example:
||: = :||(4) Where = is a whole rest and the (4) is the # to the upper right of the repeat. This is not the same as it should be printed with a LONG rest and a number printed above it, but it would be easy to figure out :)