Skip to main content
Topic: Chord problem after Web Update 9 (Read 2138 times) previous topic - next topic

Chord problem after Web Update 9

I just installed Web Update 9 and now I can no longer create chords when the notes in the chord have different values. For example I can't create a chord where one of the chord members is a quarter note and the other isn't.

Is there any way to uninstall a web update so I can go back to doing things the way I did them before?

Re: Chord problem after Web Update 9

Reply #1
As far as I know, nothing has changed in this regard in WU9. It still works the way it always has, which is:

If no stem direction is assigned, you can add a chord members of differing duration, and the program automatically assigns note directions.

If a stem direction is assigned for the first note, the opposite stem direction has to be assigned for the second.

More than two different durations are not allowed, but more than two notes are, provided that 1) the notes are either of the two durations already established, and 2) the new notes are not "out of range" for that duration. For example, if you have a 1/16 G (stem-down) and a 1/8 B (stem-up), you can add a 1/8 D (stem-up) but not an 1/8 E below the 1/16 G.

If you still want to regress to a previous update version, you can do so by:

1) Uninstall the program,
2) Re-install the program from your original install CD,
3) Apply only the updates you want.

Re: Chord problem after Web Update 9

Reply #2
Ahhhh .... now I get it! The stem direction was the problem. I don't know why I never ran into this problem before, though. I've been using Noteworthy for about 4 years. I guess I'd never assigned stem direction before? Weird!

Anyway, thank for the very simple solution. No need to regress!  :)