Skip to main content
Topic: Installing for multiple accounts under Windows XP (Read 9632 times) previous topic - next topic

Installing for multiple accounts under Windows XP

I have a new computer and am moving all of my software & files over.  The computer is running Windows XP.  There are two accounts: A & B.  (Both are "administrator" accounts.)

I load NWC 1.75 (from the CD I just got today) under account A.  NWC works like a gem from this account.  However, NWC did not even appear on the start menu for account B.  I tried two methods for fixing this:

1. Going into the properties for the Start menu and browsing to find the NWC executable.

2.  Copying the shortcuts from the start menu and desktop from account A -> B.

Under both of these scenarios, I still could not run NWC under account B.  I got the error:

THE NWC TRUE TYPE FONT (NWCV17.TTF) CANNOT BE FOUND ON THE SYSTEM.

Indeed, this font is not on the system anywhere.  I searched under both accounts and come up only with NWCV15.TTF.  But the missing font does not seem to be a problem under account A, only account B.

Is there any way around this other than installing the software twice, under both accounts?

Thanks for your help.

Ann Scharpf

Re: Installing for multiple accounts under Windows XP

Reply #1
Regarding the font, see https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=2369.

As for the accounts, you can run the installer twice, one for each account, but simply install into the same location. This will set the start menu and desktop for both users.

Reply #2
I tried this and it did not work.  I still get the same error about the missing NWCV17.TTF.

Reply #3
Well, having been a software support rep, I should NOT have made this mistake!  I thought I had tried a reboot but apparently had not.  The problem was, indeed, resolved by copying the shortcuts to the second account.

Ann

Reply #4
For completeness: The error message about NWCV17.TTF is a mistake. The font used by NWC 1.75 is actually named NWCV15.TTF. This message is corrected in the web updates.