Skip to main content
Topic: MPC is not working properly (Read 2017 times) previous topic - next topic

MPC is not working properly

When I put in  MPC comand for volume such as to increase the volume in "linear sweep" it works fine. But, if I put dynamics for the same note it becomes insignificant and the program does what the dynamics are saying. Why can't i have the MPC and dynamics on the same note without losing the effect of the MPC command? It worked before, but now it doesn't could there have possibly been a button I might have pushed to make it do this?
Thanks for your help...

Re: MPC is not working properly

Reply #1
Well, the description of the problem you're having doesn't quite make sense, since volume mpc's and "stock" dynamics control two completely different things. The Volume controller (which is what's changed by the volume mpc) is rather like a volume control on the entire channel, where dynamics change the velocity of each note (how hard you "strike" it).

There is one exception: using "Volume overrides" on dynamics, and then applying dynamic variances (cresc. or decresc.) This ends up behaving exactly like a volume mpc, in that it sends a series of volume controller commands. So if you're simultaneously using volume mpc's and dynamic volume overrides, the two will essentially be fighting each other.