Skip to main content
Topic: WAVmaker III (Read 3787 times) previous topic - next topic

WAVmaker III

I download WAVmaker III, software to convert midis to wavs, but when I click convert, it always says I am missing a PRG file!!! Where on my WIN XP computer are all of them stored? What am I doing wrong?

Re: WAVmaker III

Reply #1
Not being a user of that software, I wouldn't know...maybe someone else can tell you. But for now, possible solutions:

(1) The PRG may be a separate download. Go back to the software supplier's web page, and see what they have to say. I would guess that this is the most likely reason.

(2) Use your Windows search capability to look for files of type *.prg and see if the file exists in another folder.

(3) Read the software supplier's instructions! It could be that there are several templates for that file (with or without the prg extension), and you are expected to pick the one you like for your needs, maybe move it to another folder or change its name or file extension.

Reply #2
Where are the ones that the actual midis use kept?? I am confused

Reply #3
Is there an e-mail address for the suppliers of that software? My own experience is that most suppliers are more than happy to answer your questions by e-mail. Unless there is a NWC user  who has that other software, this is the wrong place to ask.

Reply #4
I have tried WAVmaker, and in my opinion even if you do get it working, the wav samples are poor quality. I suggest you try Timidity++. See my Easy Timidity++ website for more information.

Reply #5
Tim's advice is good. Try it.