Skip to main content
Topic: Why Noteworthy not use the Encore and Cakewalk record system? (Read 2088 times) previous topic - next topic

Why Noteworthy not use the Encore and Cakewalk record system?

Why Noteworthy not use the Encore and Cakewalk record system?
I like Noteworthy but:

1)I like only entering notes by MIDi keyboard.
(I think entering notes by mouse or keyboard
is pass time system).

2)So,in this system (real time) Noteworhy is very dificult to understain, and work.

2a)Why after record is need one previously staff
to create other, new staff?

2b)Why I don´t can stop and continue record in the
measure I have previously stop and continue?
(See Encore, Cakewalk, Finale and tousands of softwares
use this system.)

2c)Why when I use the enharmonic this feature
make error scale notes? (Diatonic)
(ex: do re mi fa sol la si natural and do becomes
do re mi fa sol la si(b)!

2d)why Noteworhy no have advanced poliphonic
features? (For example 4 voices in each staff)
(stem for each voice include rest)

I have Noteworhy 1.75 and I ask for any people or
help can give information about this, and where I can
find tweaks to manipulate and automaton to make
easy "record" in real time with Noteworthy.

How I can put the Piano Label in the midlle of the staff?
This graphical layout called "Piano Left and piano right"
I not understain! I want put only one label called
"Piano" in the midlle,on the left of the piano (g and F clef) system, like professional score.

And more and more problems.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Guilherme.

Re: Why Noteworthy not use the Encore and Cakewalk record system?

Reply #1
Wow, many questions.

1) Different people have different needs. I'm not a very good piano player, so for me the mouse and (computer) keyboard is the fastest and easiest way to work.

NWC is not a sequencer. It has midi capability, but its main purpose is music notation. If you need a sequencer, then use Cakewalk, Cubase, or Massiva. I haven't tried Encore, so cannot comment. If you then want to develop your score further, you can save it as midi, and import into Noteworthy.

2) Many people find Noteworthy very easy to understand and work. For example, I produced an entire album of music, and am slowly working on a second one, all using Noteworthy. As in 1) above, different people have different needs.

2a) After each performance, the recorded information has to be placed somewhere. The way NWC was designed, that "somewhere" is a new staff. It does not have to be permanent, you can copy the notes out of it and then delete it if you like.

2b) Noteworthy simply uses a different approach than the other programs you mention. You can accomplish the same thing by selecting the notes in each new section, and using Copy (or Cut) and then Paste into your "master" staff.

2c) This depends on the key signature in force. There are tools available to change keys and enharmonic spellings in the Tools menu.

2d) You can put as many voices on one visual staff as you like, by using the Staff Layering feature (see the help file, or use the search option on this forum).

(un-numbered) You can put a single "piano" label on a pair of staves by using "non-breaking spaces" (ALT 0160) for the staff name, one ALT 0160 for the RH and two for the LH staves. Then add the word "Piano" (followed by regular spaces as needed) as text, right-justified and positioned midway between the two staves. Take a look at the CAVERNS.NWC file in your SAMPLES folder as an example (look at it in Print Preview to see the final result).

About your "more and more problems" -- NWC Forum "Search" is your friend.