Skip to main content
Topic: New design of the web site's main page (Read 2748 times) previous topic - next topic

New design of the web site's main page

As I rarely enter the site via the main page's URL, I don't know since when the layout changed.
Anyway, I've got to tell that I find it clearer than before, though it was already efficient!
Nice job done there. As in other parts, too :)

Keep up the good work!

.02€

Re: New design of the web site's main page

Reply #1
Welcome back, Marsu. We have been discussing the new page layout in the forum thread "Shave and a haircut."

For other readers who wonder why, the prior NWC main page had a short music notation sample, which resembled the melody to "Shave and a haircut, two bits."

Reply #2
Now I have to scroll down to get to the Forum (and all the other) link(s)!
BAD!
BAD!
BAD!
BAD!
BAD!
BAD!
BAD!
BAD!
BAD!

Reply #3
The maroon navbar will take a little getting used to also... I've come to associate NW Software with blues and cyans, the red is a bit surprising.

Reply #4
No big deal but ... I used to see the current version number of the composer on the main page, now I have to drill down to see if there was an update.

Reply #5
The gray bar at the right feels somehow disturbing; I think it would be better at the left.
Also, the navbar should have ALL the links in Link Ensemble, not just those few.
Then, the rather lengthy texts on the main page should be replaced with short summaries and a Read More link to make the page easier to view.
And finally, make that NoteWorthy Software, Inc. text antialiased. It looks quite bad now. Or use CSS or whatever to create it as plain text - probably everyone has Times New Roman installed.