Skip to main content
Topic: moonlight sonata (Read 8898 times) previous topic - next topic

moonlight sonata

In Moonlight Sonata that comes with noteworthy1.50
there are 2 hidden staffs, if you unhide these staffs with score review you can't hide them again. Am I doing something worng ? Can anybody tell me how to do this?
Is it a bug? Thanks.

p.s. I am new using noteworthy, but it is very good.

Re: moonlight sonata

Reply #1
I think that what yoou have done is to go to staff properties via score review and then you have probably changed the group name
from Hidden to something else.

What you need to do to put it back exactly as it was is to go to staff properties (F2) and then on the general tab, change the group name back to Hidden for the two that should be hidden (those with a name starting with the underscore character)
After doing that, you need to go to page setup (click on the open book)
and from there (in the contents tab)remove the cross from the hidden group.

The group name does not need to be Hidden to hide from NoteWorthy Composer
but it does to be hidden from NoteWorthy player (this IS documented in the NoteWorthy player help file
as I was told by NoteWorthy support in another forum letter !)

Richard

Reply #2
Thanks Richard that solved the problem.

Reply #3
I didn't even know that file was there!
It's a pity the pedal markings are not in the playback staffs.
Also needs a bit of tempo adjustment to sound less meechanical.
But it's a good starter example on how to make "serious" music with Noteworthy.

Andrew

Reply #4
The staff parts which are shown in NWC are controlled via Page Setup, on the Contents tab. At the oment, if you go to Score Review and edit a staff which is not shown in the editor, it ends up being displayed. You can reverse this effect by hiding it again in Page Setup.

Reply #5
Just a quick question about this song. What exactly is it supposed to be. It sure doesn't sound like the Moonlight Sonata that Beethoven is famous for, or am I wrong. I don't know too much (almost nothing) about music, but when I printed out the first page to show my music teacher, he called it "some kind of computer bastardization"! I wouldn't call it that, but any MIDI file I have downloaded called Moonlight Sonata has been an entirely different song.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Steve

Reply #6
Beethoven's full "Sonatina Quasi una Fantasia" (ie. Moonlight Sonata) is made of several movements. A version of the third is found as an NWC interpretation in the samples folder of version 1.50 (compliments of Randy Williams). FOr those unfamiliar with this Sonata, a good overview can be found at:

http://pw1.netcom.com/~bvtelvis/classical/beet.html

Reply #7
Hey does anyone know of any good sites for the shhet music (Free) of Beethoven's works????? Tell me !!!!

Reply #8
you can find many classical MIDI files in this link. I think that you can found theMoonlignt Sonate in it. Try . . . and ear . . .

Reply #10
I have been looking for the notes for this song, and I have not been able to find them anywhere. It would be much appreciated if you could help me out.

Reply #12
HELP Does anyone know the name of the cd that contains the version of moonlight sonata where there is a woman singing in the background

Reply #13
If anybody has heard Claudio Arrau's recording of the Moonlight, please let me know what they thought of it and why they liked it.

Thank you,

Alan Bowers

Reply #14
That 'women singing record' is, I think, the version by Glenn Gould.
Robert

Reply #15
ive tried to learn to play moonlight sonata from a cd and have managed to get the right hand but i just cant manage to get the left, i cant read music so has any one got any links to a site(s) that can help me please.

thanks.

Reply #16
I am 17 years old and I've been playing the Piano ever since I was in third grade. I love the song Moonlight sonata, and I can butcher it by ear. I wish I could play the whole song, and I'm actually thinking about learning this song for my senior project. I don't read notes, but I've looked at some keyboards that have songs on them and when they play theres a little screen that shows what notes are being played. This has helped me alot. My friend has one and I play it everychance i can and I've learned alot from it, seeing and listening to the music. Alas, I cannot find a keyboard that has moonlight sonata programmed into it. If anyone knows about a keyboard that has Moonlight sonata on it, please tell me what company made it. I think this should help other people on this site that want to learn the song too. Help me in my search = ) thank you. Please email me

Reply #17
FOR ANYONE OUT THERE WHO IS LOOKING FOR FREE SHEET MUSIC!
For Bethoven's works (including Moonlight Sonata) and other famous musician's music for free you can go to http://www.mysheetmusic.com IT IS FREE

Reply #19
Well, then try this one : Musica Viva!
The best starting point I've ever seen for years.

HTH!