Skip to main content
Topic: Lyric Editor (Read 10734 times) previous topic - next topic

Lyric Editor

When the lyric editor is opened, or a new tab is selected, focus should be set to the lyric edit control. The first time I click on a lyric nothing seems to happen (really focus is being set to the edit control).

Even better, it would be nice if each lyric tab remembered where the insertion point was the last time it was used.

Better still (yes, another wish) if the editor would place the insertion point at the same place that I am working at on the staff. It can be hard to find the right place, especially with repetitive lyrics.

Re: Lyric Editor

Reply #1
The lyric configuration tab control accepts the focus like any other control in the dialog box. YOu must move the focus to the edit control when working with any of the lyric lines. You can do this either with the mouse or by pressing the Tab key.

Reply #2
Hello all together,
I need the lyrics to -IF YOU KNEW ME BETTER-
from Head East !
Who can help me ?

Reply #3
Hello,
I would like to request the lyrics to -
"I Know The Master of The Wind"
Thank you.
Amanda

Reply #4
Putting the cursor at the same position in the lyric editor as the cursor in the staff would be good. However, I believe the ability to edit the lyric directly in the staff would be even better.

Wish, wish, wish...

Reply #5
Not sure. This would not be "clean" to edit lyrics onto the staves.
But when switching to Lyrics (^L), what a great improvement it would be to have the cursor just at the matching position of the note cursor in the staff...

Wish again...

Reply #6
I need the lyrics to Money A'int A Thang

Reply #7
I am trying to find lyrics to songs that were sung to me as a child. "Down In the Valley"

Reply #8
Catherine and Trena,

This was not the original subject of this thread, and I
think you shouldn't get responses to your requests in
this forum. Better try http://www.lyrics.com/

Regards,
Olivier.

Reply #9
I need the lyric to Have you ever By Brandy and monica

Reply #11
Same response as before...

Reply #12
I'm trying to find lyrics to Angie Stone New song "Nomore rain in this Cloud"

Reply #13
hello
iwould like to know the song lyrics to santa lucia
thank you

Reply #14
I would like to where can i find the lyric to angie stone song no more rain in this cloud can anyone help me with that song please e-mail the lyrics

Reply #15
I need the lyrics to "No More Rain" by Angie Stone.
Who can help me?

Reply #16
Back to the original subject. I seem to recall in the dim and distant past of version 1.3 that on entering the lyric editor, the first click positioned the cursor at the mouse position. The current version needs two clicks, and I have more than once overwritten existing text when working quickly - thank goodness for undo. But is my memory playing tricks or does the new (beta) version correct this again? And if this is being worked on, why not incorporate an optional link to the staff cursor position as suggested, before the beta is finalised. Or is this too difficult to program - there's a challenge for the powers that be.

Reply #17
Yes. I was often annoyed by the mouse behaviour in 1.55b, but that having-to-doubleclick thing is gone in 1.70. (Thank goodness!) :)

Reply #18
hey, this means I'll have to change some macros :-)
But anyway it's much better.
btw, the refresh of the score is better either (no back-to-start any more)

Reply #19
I would like to know the lyrics to "Left, Right, Left" by the group called Drama.

Reply #20
I WOULD LIKE THE LYRICS TO ANGIE STONE "COULD OF BEEN YOU". CAN SOMEONE HELP??????

Reply #21
Hi I would really like it if I can get the lyrics to Drama "Left Right Left" and Trick Daddy "Shut Up"!!! PLEASE HELP
Thank you.

Reply #22
I need the lyrics to Drama "Left Right Left". Can someone peaz help??? Thanx!

Reply #23
i don't know if anyone can help me with this or not...but does anyone know what the name of the song is and who its by that goes "so look around your world pretty baby is it everything you hoped it would be, the wrong guy the wrong situation, the right time to roll to me" please help!! thanks :)

Reply #26
Greetings punks!
For your guys and chicks who are writing songs please stop by the rec.music.makers.songwriting newsgroup. Share your work there and we'll get more songwriters using Noteworthy. I reckon this is the best program for notating songs - who feels the same way? You can also access the songwriting newsgroup through deja.com. http://www.deja.com/usenet
Just wanted to share this with you all.
Cheers, and may songs flow from your hearts like wine.
Karnelly jnr.