Skip to main content
Topic: Yamaha PSR-2000 midi output not readable for NoteWorthy (Read 4990 times) previous topic - next topic

Yamaha PSR-2000 midi output not readable for NoteWorthy

Hi,

The *.mid files from my keyboard Yamaha PSR-2000 can be read and played successfully by RealOne, Windows Media Player, etc, and import into e.g. Musicator 4.0. But into NoteWorthy v1.70? Nope, an error message tells that the file format is not understandable... i.e. the error message is presisely "There was a problem reading the file". This MUST BE A BUG! Is it corrected by newest version, or does there exist a work-around?

Best regards

Arnie

Re: Yamaha PSR-2000 midi output not readable for NoteWorthy

Reply #1
Perhaps upgrading NoteWorthy to version 1.75.9 via the web site would solve your problem?  Should also give you a few other bug fixes as well.  I have created MIDI files on a Yamaha PSR-550 and imported them into NoteWorthy and other sequencers with no problem, don't know if there is something unique to the PSR-2000 that would cause a problem but try e-mailing Yamaha customer support also.

Reply #2
It is hard to tell what is wrong with the MIDI files without actually trying one. However, enhancements to NWC, such as the one described at news headline #17, might enable NWC to import the file, even if it does not exactly conform to the standard.

Reply #3
I just upgraded to newest NoteWorthy, and it seems to have fixed the problem (at least first try was sucessful!!!). Hurra!

Arnie