Skip to main content
Topic: Wishes for new versions: (Read 2589 times) previous topic - next topic

Wishes for new versions:

1)Export to other Sequencers (Logic, Cubase SX...) using their file-formats directly and not over Midi, because if i save as midi there are several things which are different from in the nwc-file

2)Midi-Record with a Keyboard:
If i want to record a bach-choral (4 voices in 2 systems) i can only record into one staff.
Can you code that the user can record into 2 or more staffs at one time? Maybe with several methods. For example with a "split point", that you define a note and everything above it comes to staff 1 and everything under it comes to staff 2.
Or that the NWC is able to write the two top notes in staff 1 and the two lower notes in staff 2 (or any other combination, that the user want to do)?

Re: Wishes for new versions:

Reply #1
Perspective from another user:

Wish 1 seems unlikely to happen. First, many formats are proprietary, requiring licensing agreements. Obtaining the licenses would necessarily add to the cost of NWC, but the feature would not be of use to most NWC users. Since the feature is available with professional sequencing tools, those who need it can get it. Finally, whenever a format changes, it would require chasing after the changes.

I believe that wish 2 can be achieved already. Maybe a more knowledgable user can provide more info. I believe that if you record from (piano) keyboard to NWC, you can export the MIDI, then re-import it in a way that splits staves by pitch. There's also a "chord splitter" utility in the Scriptorium.

Re: Wishes for new versions:

Reply #2
Start a new score using the piano template.
Add another Bass Clef staff and enter a Local Repeat Open barline.
Enter 4 quarter notes at F# below the staff.
Add a Local Repeat close at the end of the measure with a repeat count large enough to cover the length of your piece.
Use Staff Properties to set the MIDI channel to 10.

Play this back it should give you a click track.

Make the Piano Treble staff active.
Click on the red record button on the main menu.
Play in you piece from the keyboard.
Click on the stop button.
Depending on your settings the input should appear on bith piano staves split at C5.

E&OE
HTH

Barry Graham
Top Brass Events Band
Melbourne, Australia