Skip to main content
Topic: Finale files conversion (Read 3243 times) previous topic - next topic

Finale files conversion

Does anyone know any other way of importing Finale files, other than via midi format? Appreciate advice

Alexander  - aboltenko@mindspring.com

Re: Finale files conversion

Reply #1
AS long as I'm here, I might as well answer this one, too: The subject of file formats has been discussed on numerous threads. The general answer is, NWC and Finale formats are not inter-convertable, unless things change in the future. The reason is simple enough: Each program has features that the other one doesn't have. If a coversion were done, some information would be lost in either direction. Might as well use MIDI, where the loss of information is (usually) predicatable.

Reply #2
Just look at it this way........ Noteworthy costs 40 Bucks....... Finale (the good version) costs 600 bucks thats why they will never be interchangable... NWC is more for just writing songs and on the other hand Finale is mainly a music Publishing Software!!!

Reply #3
Finale Notepad is a freeware download and works fairly well but it doesn't have midi output. I have been using the 2001 version for about two years.

Reply #4
What sort of learning curve do you face with Finale?

Reply #5
A rough one. With a long almost-horizontal stage between the 2nd climbing part.
Said in a different manner, you can do some trivial thing quite rapidly, then learn very progressively new things, and when you know much more, you'll finally be more at ease with the program. And maybe more confident, if you happen not to crash too often. I've been told that the most recent version was more stable... on a Mac OS X at least.

If you want to write music, compose, transcribe, and so on, use NWC.