Skip to main content
Topic: 3 Note Chords to 3 Tracks (Read 3621 times) previous topic - next topic

3 Note Chords to 3 Tracks

I have recorded a track using at most 3 note chords, (the violins) and I need to split the track into 3, where there is one note at a time. How do I do it?
The reason why I record the 1st, 2nd & 3rd violin tracks together is so they all play in sync. (but I cannot split them)
If you can help me I'd absolutely love it!

Thankyou.

Re: 3 Note Chords to 3 Tracks

Reply #1
With a three note cord, try this.
Enter the second and third parts on their own staff before you do any thing else. That finished, make the staff with the three part cords the active staff. Place the cursor to the RIGHT of the cord and with the arrow keys, move the cursor to the same line as the note you wish to remove. With the cursor on the same line and to the RIGHT of the note to be removed, hold the control key down and press the back space key. If you delete the entire triad you didnot have the control key down. If nothing happens, the cursor is not in the correct position. If you delete a triad by mistake, use the undelete feature in the Edit menu. Remember, the deletes are held in a lifo stack and you can go back, oh I don't remember for sure, maybe as far back as the last fifty deletes. Good Look!

Re: 3 Note Chords to 3 Tracks

Reply #2
D&W,
I think this is not implemented yet. May be you could add it in the wishlist, some wishes do come true :-)
John,
just some precisions : the "lifo stack" can be up to 99 items long. By item I mean a single note action (adding, lifting, ...) or even "Tools/Audit Bar Lines" action or such.
This (the stack depth) is set up in the Options window.
By the way, Alt+Backspace (which is the standard since the 1st 'Windows') is quicker than Edit/Undo ... You can use Ctrl-Z also. refer to keyboard reference in the online help.
To "undo the undo", use Ctrl-Y (not the same usage as repeated F4 in Word/XL for instance)

P.S. LIFO: Last In First Out. Also called a pile (of dishes or whatever)

MAD