Skip to main content
Topic: List of WAV to MIDI or AUDIO to MIDI converter software (Read 4261 times) previous topic - next topic

List of WAV to MIDI or AUDIO to MIDI converter software

hi all

if u r still hunting high and low for such software, check out this site , which holds an up to date list of wav to midi and audio to midi software. A full list of them ! go check it!

http://do-it-yourself.cjb.net

Re: List of WAV to MIDI or AUDIO to MIDI converter software

Reply #1
The real URL for this is
http://www.geocities.com/alantan75/composemusic.html
and you get to avoid the popup.
Note it's at geocities, so you still get the standard geocities "pop in", but that's to be expected.

The page above seems very thorough and has links to more Wav2Mid software than I thought existed. It offers the sage counsel "As many other sites have suggested, up to date there is still no such software that can produce a good midi, so don’t be fooled by those testimonials written on how well their products can convert." ... which begs the question "Why bother, then?" :)

Reply #2
... Well, if I wanted to hear how a real guitar sounds, I could have taken up guitar instead of sitting here at this terminal.

Reply #3
Thank you. I found good software at that site :)

Reply #4
hi

c'mmon.... give some credit to the chap for his effort and compilation. he is NOT WRONG for saying that statement. It is just his word of caution, and it does has a good list and it is up to date.

Reply #5
"Good" is relative. I recall hearing some synth audio prepared from an enormous sound database that included a dozen different digitizations for every form of drum. That's a dozen PER drum type. Sounded great to me. But drummers bitterly complained that there were more than a dozen distinct ways of striking a drum!

Reply #6
I would think that comment is an understatement. some commercial websites such as DigiXXXXXXX, intellXXXXX tells people how good their products is, but it is really not what you think. its best to download, try it and evaluate it, like what is suggested.