Skip to main content
Topic: Missing post(s)? (Read 3102 times) previous topic - next topic

Missing post(s)?

Yesterday I posted a reply (two, in fact) to a thread on guitar tablature.  I looked this morning and saw that there had been no further activity.  This afternoon the thread is no where to be seen.  Is there a problem on my machine, on the server, or was the thread removed?

Re: Missing post(s)?

Reply #1
Interesting. Same question. Don't have time for a couple of days to look at Cyril's work, font and examples, but would like to.

Reply #2
The thread in question was really a misplaced User Tip, which is now where it belongs.
I'm sorry to see the thread vanish also, because it looked to be generating an interesting discussion.
Maybe if we all say "abracadabra" it will return...

Reply #3
That would be article #3173.  It is now a User Tip.

Reply #4
Oh, sorry.  I see that D C replied just before my page refreshed...

Reply #5
Cyril, could you either create a new forum post with your info of yesterday (or, if preferred or in addition) tack it on to User tip? (Don't want to lose it. Still puzzling over whatever happened to Marsu's initial post)

Thx!

Reply #6
I ZIPed up two examples, one my first try, without note stems, the other my third try, with note stems.  This was after I found out that you use different stems than the notes normally have.  I.e., a single flag for a quarter note/crotchet, two flags for an eighth note/quaver, no flag for a half note/minum.  There are stems in the font with odd left-facing flags for whole and double-whole notes (semi-breves and breves).

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~calberga/TabExmp.zip

Again, remember that the font is my own hacked version, and has no status at all, not even semi-official.  It may be missing symbols from the latest official boxmarks font, I don't know one way or the other.

If anyone is interested in this method I'll try to reconstruct what I did!  The main point is having on staff for each string, with the tab values entered as lyrics.  I would swear that I had one or two files with the double strings (for the lute) notated on two staves, with a slight delay for one, but I haven't found where I stashed them (if they ever actually existed).

OH -- and note that these are lute and Vihuela, tuned G c f a d' g', not guitar tuning.

Reply #7
I seem to be particularly stupid today.  I DID notate one with doubled strings, and it is the version of "I Care Not For These Ladies" which I just put out in the ZIP file!

[Shakes head to hear the nice rattle.]

CNA