Skip to main content
Topic: NWC Version 1.75 + Web Update 8 (Read 13440 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC Version 1.75 + Web Update 8

NoteWorthy Composer Version 1.75 + Web Update 8 is now available. This newest update adds support for beams across rests, changes triplets such that stem direction is no longer altered when assigned, and fixes a problem with lyrics when placed underneath a slur.

For full details, refer to the news.

Re: NWC Version 1.75 + Web Update 8

Reply #1
I couldn't get beam across rests to work by selecting note rest note and beaming - the beam button was greyed out if a rest was inlcuded in the selection.  Should I be using a different method?

I couldn't find a reference to beaming across rests in the help file list of newest features.  Did I get the correct download?  Help/About says I have sp8.

Reply #2
Duh!!

I just realised what I did.  I still had the set up file for NWC 1.70 + sp8 and picked that instead of 1.75 + sp8.

Now, how do I get back to NWC 1.75 + sp7?

Reply #3
Phew! (wipes cold sweat from brow).

Thanks to Eric for making the upgrade process almost fool proof.  I had kept the 1.75 setup file as instructed when downloading it last year.  Installed that, ran NWC, searched for upgrades and everything went tickety boo.

Now I can report that beam across rests works a treat.

Excellent!

Reply #4
Stephen: It sounds like you may have had Update 8 back in Reply 1. A rest can be inside a beam, but it cannot start it.

Also, note that your beams that enclose rests will not persist on older 1.75 versions. In older versions, the beam will disappear. As long as you stay with the latest release, this will not be a problem.

Reply #5
I notice that, after installing Web Update 8, the default position of rests on the staff seems to have changed slightly.  For example, quaver (eighth-note) rests appear one vertical position lower than usual, both in files created prior to this update and in new files.

Is this  change deliberate, or is there a way to revert back to the old behaviour?  Certainly, for quaver rests at least, the new default position is somewhat less visually appealing (and going through every composition to raise each such rest by one vertical position is no mean feat...).

Reply #6
This is an unwanted side effect of the beam over rest feature. In other words, it is a bug. A fix will appear soon (in a day or less).

Reply #7
OK. The fix is in Update 9, which is available now. The procedure for installing it is the same as for Update 8.

Reply #8
Hey!  And resume is now supported on downloads!  Thanks for that.

Reply #9
Outstanding service and support, Eric.  Thank you.

Joe

Reply #10

Thanks for the updates. :)

Incidentally, one of my DL organizers was open and caught the download. Worked OK. I can't say I realized a difference between ordinary browser download, when time considered.