Skip to main content
Topic: problem with boxmarks font (Read 3108 times) previous topic - next topic

problem with boxmarks font

I was trying to add in a downbow symbol, and it did it, but I can't get it to be placed exactly over the note I want. It's always slightly to the left or right of it. What do I do?

Re: problem with boxmarks font

Reply #1
Select the text item, edit (ALT-Enter or CNTL-E), "Expression Placement" tab, "Justification" - Center, "Alignment/Placement" - at next note/bar. That should position the character right above the note head.

Reply #2
Thanks! Quick question: what does "preserve width" do? Should I have it checked for this, or does it matter?

Reply #3
Also, I just ran into another problem. I'm using the boxmarks font for this file, but I also want to enter regular text, and it enters it in the boxmarks font. Can I disable the font for certain measures?

Reply #4
Nevermined on the last question, sorry. But about the preserve width, I read about it in the faq, and was still confused.

Reply #5
If you look at the item of text that you are working with, it has a character width (and that could be the width of all of the characters if you are inserting a text word.

If Preserve width is on, then all of that space will be reserved and taken by the text in that measure and all of the staves in the piece of music, although the text will only appear in that measure.

With Preserve width off, No space is reserved by the text and you can place it above other items in the measure, it doesn't have any space reserved for it.

Easiest way of showing this is :
In the MIDDLE of a measure of notes, press the x key and then just press enter to insert the words "text expression"
If preserve width is off, the words will appear above the notes. If preserve width is on, the words will appear in between the notes. Toggle between the two to see the difference
Rich.

Reply #6
Oh, ok, I get it. Thanks