Skip to main content
Topic: "to *.wav" conversion (Read 6793 times) previous topic - next topic

"to *.wav" conversion

Hi

I have a software to convert wav to mp3.

I need a software to convert midi to wav,
Suggestions, is there any free one?

All the best,
Paulo Galvão

Re: "to *.wav" conversion

Reply #1

Paulo,

If you search the forum with the keywords, you'll certainly find many answers. However, https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=2550 may also be helpful for you. Some folks recently made objections about that method but they --so far-- denied to add their comments to the tip in question.

Reply #3
For users who already know how to record MIDI to WAV by playing the sound into Windows sound recorder, but are frustrated by the one-minute recording limit: Search the Internet for a free program called "ALC Record", probably at a German site. The ALC stands for "Automatic level control". ALC Record, doesn't have the one-minute limit.

Reply #5
Yes, David, that's it. Be aware that you may have to set up your computer's sound mixer (part of the audio control panel) so that the output of the MIDI player goes to the input of the recorder.

Here's something else along that line:

You can also try the free (open source) "radio record" at

http://radiorecord.sourceforge.net

This program can capture the audio stream from any sound player (including a MIDI player) and directly create an MP3 file without intervening WAV. The only catch is that you need to know the end file size in advance. This is not difficult to calculate, if you know the playing time of your MIDI file. Be sure to allow some silence time at start and end. You want to use the "record" button, not the "capture" button.

If it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work for you.

General comment: The above recording programs, and also some other recording programs, grab the audio only after MIDI is played to audio by another program (such as Windows Media Player). The recorders do not make a direct file by calculating from instrument definition databases. I suppose that it would require a license to directly use the instrument definitions. The only two programs I know of that can make a direct audio file, by calculation, come with their own instrument definition databases, and are not free.

Reply #6
N-track studio works well for me. It is shareware availble at fasoft.com
Carl Bangs
Fenwick Parva Press
Registered user since 1995

Reply #7
I have two computers (lucky me) and I use a simple cable to play with one computer and record with the other. It works really easy... if you lucky enough to have the hardware.

But for a Christmas Choir I threw together a 'study at home' CD, and it was a breeze.