Skip to main content
Topic: Keyboard Macros (Read 4344 times) previous topic - next topic

Keyboard Macros

I'm evaluating NWC, and so far am quite happy with it. It's the only composer I've found that comes close to being accessible to a blind amateur musician. I have a keyboard macro program, "Macromania", with which I am experimenting, in order to enter notation more quickly. If it worked, I would use the Alt-number keys to quickly enter and play notes--forinstance, Alt-1 enters the first note in the scale, moves the insertion point left one position, plays the note (F5), and repositions for the next entry. My macro didn't work, but rather somehow got me into the Multipoint Controllers dialogue.qHas anyone successfully used keyboard macros in this way to enter music?

Re: Keyboard Macros

Reply #1
Many NWC users employ macros with some success.
I use the old Windows 3.1 Macro Recorder and I haven't experienced any difficulties.
Avoid the keyboard shortcut hot-keys where possible.

Reply #2
Keyboard macros usually work fine. I don't know about Macromania, but if it normally works for you, then persist with it.
The only ways to get to multipoint controllers that I know of are either through Alt-I (for insert) then L (controllers), or using the keyboard shortcut L.
Maybe using another set of keys, for instance, Control + Shift.

Andrew

Reply #3
I have mentioned once before that I use Dragon Dictate to enter notes, rests, sharps, flats, naturals, endings, etc. I wonder if the program might not be of particular interest in this setting?