Skip to main content
Topic: Two Questions (Read 3291 times) previous topic - next topic

Two Questions

How do I make a dynamic go on the top of the staff and how do I make the ____ on a lyric for the slur and tie?

Re: Two Questions

Reply #1
Hightlight the dynamic, and use shift-control-up arrow to move it up.  Or alternatively, you can highlight it, and use alt-enter to set its position.

Don't know the answer re the lyrics.  Sorry.

Reply #2
Don't know the answer re the lyrics. Sorry.

Yeah. The only thing we found was to add a text expression with ___ in it. I really wish NoteWorthy wouldn't have put the underscore as a hard space because we already have a hard space in Alt+160. Maybe I should finally head to the wish list about it.

Reply #3
Using the Lyrics:
1. you can use the special hyphens, Alt 0150 ( – ) and Alt 0151 ( — ) to make them. But they will add length to the syllables, so it's a limited usage.
2. Otherwise, you can select the notes that are slurred or tied, set them to have lyrics anyway (Lyrics Syllable "Always" in their properties), and add a sequence of spaces and dashes ( - - - - - - ) as mush as needed.

HTH!

Reply #4
I really wish NoteWorthy wouldn't have put the underscore as a hard space

Maybe this could be a new check/uncheck option (by default, the underscore is replaced with a hard space, but when the option is checked it is left as is). I will go to the wish list.

because we already have a hard space in Alt+160

Did you mean Alt+0160, or do you know a way of having ISO-8859-1 codes without the 0, instead of old DOS ones?

Reply #5
Yeah I meant Alt+0160, Alt+160 is different.

Reply #6
Yeah I meant Alt+0160, Alt+160 is different.

Too bad. I use Alt-XXX on my Unix at work, but I have to use Alt-0XXX on my Windows at home.