Skip to main content
Topic: Transcribe & Noteworthy Composer (Read 3668 times) previous topic - next topic

Transcribe & Noteworthy Composer

http://www.seventhstring.demon.co.uk/xscribe/index.html

I'm using these two programs for transcribe saxophone solo & Play Along.

If a tune don't have any introduction, solo start immediately at the beginning.  Can I adjust anything from "Transcribe" or "Noteworthy Composer", make the tune start a few seconds later so that I can prepare - Impossible for me to click the icon then immediately suck my mouthpiece into my mouth then blow up.  Hope that you can understand what I mean.

Re: Transcribe & Noteworthy Composer

Reply #1
Try adding a measure of rest, or a "count in" measure.

Reply #2
Simply add a few bars containing nothing but a whole rest at the beginning of each staff. If you wish, you can put a "click track" on a separate staff on channel 10, to help count in the tune so that you start on time.

Reply #4
Sorry,

I should tell you if the file that I want to do Play Along is MP-3, how to do it?

Reply #5
Well, since this isn't a forum for your Transcribe program, I don't think your chances of getting support for it here are very great.

However, if you're interested in implementing a delay for standard mp3 files, you might try this: Get WinAmp and the NWC Winamp plugin. Write a short NWC file containing a couple bars of whole rests, terminated by a muted note. Save the file to disk, and make a Winamp playlist starting with this file, followed by your mp3 file. When you press Play on Winamp it will first play the (essentially blank) NWC file, then will proceed on with the mp3.

Haven't tried it myself, but it should work.

Reply #6
...couple bars of whole rests, terminated by a muted note.

Sorry, that does not work.  The program thinks of the muted note as "nothing," so does not bother to play through the rests.  Instead, try using couple bars of whole rests, terminated by a tempo setting.

Reply #7
I use the "gunshot" sound in the MIDI list as a metronome. For play-along files I usually include a wholenote A to check tuning, a bar of gunshot quarter notes, and a  bar of rest before the accompaniment starts. You could make up a little file and use it the way Fred suggests, changing the tempo for different pieces.