Skip to main content
Topic: NWC to MID (Read 3377 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC to MID

Does anyone know a way (or a program) to convert your
standard .nwc files to MIDI, ones with an extention .mid.
Any help is appreciated.

Max

Re: NWC to MID

Reply #1
In the File menu choose "Export"

A

Reply #2
This functionality is built into NoteWorthy Composer. use the File Export command to do this. You can control whether Type 0 or Type 1 files are exported via the Tools, Options command.

Reply #3
Am I nuts or what. I swear my version of noteworthy is current and there is NO "export" choice in the File menu...
Or are we talking about some secret file menu I don't know about?

Reply #4
Not nuts, but a bit unadventurous ;-)

You'll find it, still in the File menu, but under "Save as" where you can change the file type as required.

Reply #5
Evidently, Mike used the forum "search" feature (good for you, Mike!) but alas, the most ovious match was from six years ago, when the program was somewhat different.

Reply #6
Yes, we used to have import and export.  Then we kept import and had to use Save As instead of export.  It threw me the first time also.

Reply #7
The import/export were moved to Open/Save As because questions like the one that started this thread came up all of the time. Since the move, we still get questions about how to do it, but far fewer than before.

Reply #8
And, if NWC had BOTH Save As and Export for MIDI, there would be numerous questions asking about the difference.