Skip to main content
Topic: An unlucky situation (Read 2549 times) previous topic - next topic

An unlucky situation

When I first purchased NWC about three or four years ago, I received my copy of the program in the form of a diskette which I have since lost.  The program is installed on my old computer, which now is sitting out-of-order with a virus that remains to be fixed.

I came to the NoteWorthy site today hoping to be able to download the full program to our new computer and enter the registration code that is in my manual, but I am now made aware of the fact that the full version is no longer available for download on the NoteWorthy site.  In order to download the program, an existing copy of the program is required, and my existing copy now only exists on a computer that I can't access.

Call me an idiot for losing that diskette, but it really is a hell of a situation, since I DID BUY the program, and if I had had the same problem just a few weeks ago, I would have been able to download the full program and there wouldn't have been any problem.  I love NoteWorthy, and have been using it for a long time... Will somebody please tell me what I should do--what I can do to prove I AM a registered user, and get my program back?

Re: An unlucky situation

Reply #1
An almost identical event happened with my computer but I was able to get it fixed (I hope)  Provided you have your manual with the Name and Code number you can download a copy by clicking on the download button and then click on the (begin) next to "Upgrade Wizard" This will ask you for the name and code.  Provided everything is correct you will be able to download the latest version for your use. (Be sure to backup the copy)

Re: An unlucky situation

Reply #3
Yes, as NWC support pointed out, that's a situation to be handled directly by NWsoftware, not on the Forum.

But it did solve a mystery for me: I recently bought a new computer (old one having died) but did have my recent NWC installer archived. I had forgotten all about it. When I started my new computer, I naturally downloaded the NWC trial version, expecting to enter my reg code. But there was not provision for doing that! Then I remembered the recent archive, and successfully installed it from there. (I originally purchased NWC in the pre CD-ROM days).

Fortunately, when I downloaded the recent installer, I made an exception to my usual behavior and read instructions! The instructions warned me to save it, if I needed a backup.