Skip to main content
Topic: New look to Forum (Read 3451 times) previous topic - next topic

New look to Forum

Well done again, Eric.  The new layout that appears when one clicks on "Recent" is a real bonus.  It is especially useful for those who access the forum only occasionally.  You really are spoiling us with all these improvements!

E.F.

Re: New look to Forum

Reply #1
One thing, though - the ordering within a day doesn't seem to be consistent.  I would have expected my reply to "Web Site Enhancements" to be at the top of the list, since it was the latest reply, but it comes after the reply I commented on.

Robin

Reply #2
...and that one appears after the original message.  So days start with the most recent, but within a day, they start with the earliest.

Reply #3
For starters, if you like the old look, it is still available as classic style, which can be selected from the Style box.

The new primary format is meant to be easier to follow. Today's posts are first, then Yesterday's posts, and on back. The posts within each day are shown chronologically, starting with the first post of the day, and ending with the last, or most recent, post of the day.

Reply #4
Excellent - we are really spoilt for choice now.

Each of the views has its advantages. FWIW I will probably stick with the 'Classic' view because I have a very small window open, yet can easily see new messages as they are posted.

Reply #5
Even though I am an almost daily visitor to the forum, my preference now is the Classic style.  With time, maybe I'll grow accustomed to the Listing style.  Hopefully Eric and Beth will continue to offer us users the option for either/or indefintely.

Reply #6
Yes, I like the idea of splitting the replies into days - it makes it much easier to find what's new, especially since I sometimes read the forum at work, and sometimes at home, so I can't rely on the link colour to tell me what I have and haven't read.  Thanks for that!
I'd still rather have the latest replies at the top, though - in other words, ordered like the classic style, but split into days like the new style.
As I've said before, the more you offer people, the more they want!

Robin

Reply #7
The new front page (just added Friday, June 14, 2002) is slick. Now, potential new users can more quickly see what it's all about.