Skip to main content
Topic: 1.75 to 1.70 (Read 15036 times) previous topic - next topic

1.75 to 1.70

I created a file in an version 1.75, and need to put it in an version 1.70 file, is this possible? if yes, how?

Thanks,

Thulinma
P.S. I have an 1.70 and an 1.75 version program on my pc

Re: 1.75 to 1.70

Reply #1
This isn't a helpful remark, I'm just interested. Why do you not upgrade both to 1.75? Is there something about 1.70 that you prefer?

Reply #2
Well, a friend of me wants to open it, and he has version 1.70, but when I send him the file, it says its from a later version so he can't use it.

Reply #3
I'm pretty sure there's no way to open a 1.75 file using 1.70.  But since the upgrade is free, why not tell your friend it's about time to be running 1.75?

Reply #4
There is no way to save a 1.75 file to any earlier version without losing many of the particulars of the file.

Reply #5
As with this thread, once in a while some user is reluctant to upgrade to a newer version. I can think of no reason why someone would avoid upgrading NWC.

But as many of us know, "upgrades" to some other applications can cause major hassles. For example, IE5.5 with service pack 2 has some subtle features that are radically different from its predecessors, even IE5.5 SP1. It may be that reluctant users have had such experiences with those other programs.

Reply #6
As a long-time computer user, I'm always reluctant to upgrade.
NWC is an exception there, and you can upgrade without a fear.
The NWC upgrade process is quick, painless, free, and doesn't bring new bugs (afaik).
We're on a Windows environment, but without µicro$oft poor-quality!

Finally, if your friend wants to open 1.75 files but also wants not to upgrade NWC, for some obscure reason, then s/he still can install the latest NWC browser plug-in...

Reply #7
I don't mind upgrading. My concern is for the people I work with who use the Noteworthy Player. If I change a 1.70 to a 1.75 after the upgrade, they can't open the file anymore with their player! That's big trouble for us.

Reply #8
Yeah, upgrading to Player 1.75 sure is expensive! Hint: It's free!

Reply #9
There are two factors:

(1) Indeed, some "upgrades" are nuisances. If that's the only concern in moving from 1.70 to 1.75, then I wouldn't worry.

(2) Now, for the dark side: When NWC moved from 1.70 to 1.75, the method for upgrading changed. Could it be that the 1.70 is a crack, and that's why some "users" can't get to 1.75?