Skip to main content
Topic: Measure numbers (Read 3673 times) previous topic - next topic

Measure numbers

Hi everyone!
I often use this great software to make arrangements for my band.
Anyway how can I begin different measure numbers on the halfway of the staff? I mean if the current number is 50, is it possible to begin the next bar with 50 again(ignore one bar) or with 52(skip one bar)?
Some musics start with the last beat of the bar. And sometimes it has repeat signs on the middle of one bar.
In this case this bar should be counted as one bar. But NWC regards this bar as two bars because the repeat sign divides it into two. Consequently I should adjust measure numbers in some way.
That's why I need it.

Thanks

Re: Measure numbers

Reply #1
Hi Kaz!
I don't know for skipping measure numbers (except using text items with NWCV*.TTF font, of course), but to augment the measure numbers, go and see this new https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=2410.

Hope this helps!

P.S. The inverted G clef is in the current beta of boxmark2 :)

Reply #2
Marsu

Might I have the temerity to suggest a couple of improvements to your tip.

• Make the rest a grace rest. Then you don't need to put it on any other stave since it doesn't affect the playback or line up of the bar lines.

• Put an empty layered stave at the top and just miss out any barlines you don't want counted. Extra barlines in the lower staves are not counted. (BTW make sure the line breaks still work!)
HTH
Peter

Reply #3
Thanks Marsu, Peter!
Those two help very much!
Because one is to go back the measure number and the other to go forward.

Anyway where's Boxmark2 involving the inverted G clef?
The latest one from the scriptorium didn't have it.

Reply #4

It's Boxmarks2 which includes it on ÿ which is Alt + 0255.

HTH

Reply #5
Peter: thank you very much for your improvements!
I can't manage to make the graced rests not to take time from the next note, having them on one staff only or each staff. I may not have understood what you mean?

But the empty layered staff at the top works great, at least while there is no real need to go to a new line.
I'll update my tip, and I hope you don't mind if I mention your name where due :-)
The line breaks work like expected, and your advice even gave me an idea on how to keep the break line where I want without specifying it on each staff (for single part printing).

Kaz: I may have omitted to send the latest beta version of boxmark2. I'll send it asap (I need to document it a bit more prior to this). I had sent it to Ertugrul for beta testings and didn't released it yet. My fault :(

Reply #6
Yes, the grace rests work best on their own staff. Otherwise they will take time from the next note.

Having said that, there's no reason why you shouldn't tie hidden grace notes through the 'empty' bars and onto the real note.