Skip to main content
Topic: Midi Input (Read 2077 times) previous topic - next topic

Midi Input

I just upgraded to a new computer and Windows 98.  On my old system I was able to both input and play back music from my Casio CTK-611 keyboard.  Now I can play back on the keboard, but I can't input music from the keyboard.

I have a Sound Blaster sound card and have downloaded their latest midi drivers and still can't input music from the keyboard.  The only input driver selection I have is SB AudioPCI MIDI In, and on my old system I used to have Midi Mapper and some other selections.

Do I need some different drivers, and if so, does anyone have any they could share?

Re: Midi Input

Reply #1
The "SB AudioPCI MIDI In" would indeed be your midi input device. Multiple devices will normally only be available for output devices The Midi Mapper only maps which output device is used by default by most Windows applications.

In NWC you can choose the midi input and midi output devices directly, using Tools | Options | Midi (output) and Tools | Options | Record (input).

You might have a look at other threads on this subject, by entering "Midi Input" into the search facility on this forum.

Good luck,
Fred