Skip to main content
Topic: Songwright to NWC? (Read 3045 times) previous topic - next topic

Songwright to NWC?

I saw a conversion program mentioned in an older thread - is this available?

Is it one way or just songwright to NWC and not the reverse?

Re: Songwright to NWC?

Reply #1
The only conversion program related to NWC I know is ABC to NWC, shareware (7 UKP), made by Abacus music. Look here for details.

So what is songwright?? I just found this, and it seems there is no (direct) link between NWC and this format. Which seems interesting as a source of certain type of music files.

HTH!

Reply #2
in a post about a year old a George Ashton posted that he had a little program that would convert songwright to NWC. He implied it even pulled in the lyrics.  Songwright was/is a dos based program that does basic melodies.  Though the software company  has gone out of business the songwright format is the primary one for the Digital Tradition (it is similar but different from ABC)

Reply #3
The most likely way to achieve this is to convert the files to MIDI, then load them into NWC. The results generally won't be perfect, though, and your mileage may vary.

If they are not too large, sometimes it is better to just re-enter them in the new program, although I know how painful it can be to feel like you are re-doing the work.