Skip to main content
Topic: Two part staves (Read 4833 times) previous topic - next topic

Two part staves

I was asked by my choir to convert regular sheet music to MIDI format for playback. 4 hours later, I had 16 pages of music each with 6 staves. The music really only had 3 staves but had two parts per staff. Is there any way of putting two voices (parts ie. sop and alto) on one staff??

Re: Two part staves

Reply #1
If you (or a friend) has an inexpensive sequencing program such as midisoft, you can export as a midi file, then combine tracks, then reimport into Noteworthy (unless you want to print out the Midisoft score). Only problem: will not be able to have "up" and "down" note stems for the various voices on a particular staff. Hope that helps. P.S. may be able to simply download a shareware sequencing program for a one time effort.

Re: Two part staves

Reply #2
To put more than one part per stave, it's just a matter of entering more than one note, using the Ctrl-Enter combination. If notes are of different length, the higer pitched note will have its tail up, and the lower will have its tail down. NWC does not yet implement two voices sharing the same pitch, nor voices crossing over each other (ie tails pointing "inside".

Hope this answers the question.

Andrew

btw: If you implemented this, you would have only had 8 pages to show for your 4 hours work! ;-) (Actually still pretty good!)