Skip to main content
Topic: Problem with Noteworthy (Read 4146 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem with Noteworthy

When I come to commence writing a Coda in a composition, I would like to have the Coda starting on a new stave. Does anyone know if this is possible. If so, how do I do it?? Would love to hear from someone.

Re: Problem with Noteworthy

Reply #1
David,

<<When I come to commence writing a Coda in a composition, I would like to have the Coda starting on a new stave. Does anyone know if this is possible. If so, how do I do it?? >>

I'm afraid the answer is no. Noteworthy basically saves all its pagination and "line-breaks" formatting until you actually print. And there is no way of forcing breaks, spreading lines (but see below), or anything like that. I'm afraid you'd need Finale, or even Lime. I've tried both of these products recently, and they both provide means for correct formatting. However, neither have good computer keyboard interfaces, and both keep crashing on my machine.

The best you can do is, if it's one or two staves, use spaces (turn Preserve Width OFF) to pad out the lines and force a bar to the next line. This is extremely tedious, and only works for one or two bars.

Regards,

Andrew