Skip to main content
Topic: Digital Archives (Read 4188 times) previous topic - next topic

Digital Archives

Hello,

I recently bought NW Composer 1.3d and was very impressed. The reason that I bought it is that my children are learning the piana (and my wife has restarted playing) and I thought NWC would be an excellent way of producing sheet music for their use and also to record performances (when I get a MIDI keyboard).

I was wondering (as I am not musically trained - I am just teh tech. support) whether there are any NWC archives in the same way as there are MIDI archives

i.e the Classical MIDI Archive

http://www.prs.net/midi.html

The problems I have found importing MIDI is that they appear to be generated by MIDI import (i.e. performance) and it can produce some verrry strange scores.

Any advice appreciated,

Tony P.

Re: Digital Archives

Reply #1
Tony,

Apparently there is an AOL forum or archive which contains many NWC compositions. Check /aol.htm

Unfortunately for many of us, it is only available if you have AOL access. I thought I heard that some effort was being made to make at least some of these available on the net, but nothing has been forthcoming yet. Possibly copyright is an issue, here.

Importing midi files is visually hazardous.

Buying the appropriate music is also an option :-) Especially if three people can play the one piece! There are lots of really good duet pieces for four hands at one piano.

Regards,

Andrew

mailto:apurdam@pcug.org.au

Re: Digital Archives

Reply #2
Tony

Perhaps you could try some of the user sites - within the Noteworthy homepage follow the various links to new stuff and user sites. I have no idea what sort of music NWC users produce but there could be some piano scores.