Skip to main content
Topic: Trouble here. (Read 10449 times) previous topic - next topic

Trouble here.

Hi, I've recently bought a new computer and opened a song of mine. It opened okay but when the music started to reach out of the initial screen (some bars that fit in the monitor) the 5-lines disappeared. I tried to go back, but the first bars had their 5-lines also disappeared. I don't know what happened, the notes are still there, the dynamics too, everything is, except the 5-lines in all staves.

please help me.

Re: Trouble here.

Reply #1
Sound like a classic case of "new computer, wrong video driver." You might check the website of your video card's manufacturer (or mainboard, if the video is integrated) to see if a more current driver is available *for your operating system.* This seems to be especially important for Windows XP.

A possible workaround: In your Control Panel, double-click on "System", Performance tab, Graphics button. Move the hardware acceleration slider back a step at a time until (if) it works properly. (You probably won't even notice a speed difference in most applications, the exception being fast video games and such).

Hope this helps,
Fred

Reply #2
Thanks for your reply but my driver seems ok and I don't have a performance tab here. Running on Win2000 Pro.

Reply #3
Right click on the desktop
Select 'Properties'/'Settings'/'Troubleshooting'

Reply #4
How did you decide that your driver seems OK? The problem you describe is one of the classic indicators that your display driver has a bug that needs to be corrected. You can often work around the bug by turning down graphic acceleration, but ideally your manufacturer will provide a fixed version of its driver.

Reply #5
Where do I check for the version of my video card here? I thought the video was ok because many games worked out fine (and really good lokin').

Reply #6
k then, no need to reply the last post, found out (finally) where the acceleration tab stood and had to lower it two times to get it to work, thanks Fred for you cooperation.