Skip to main content
Topic: Exporting Graphics (Read 5082 times) previous topic - next topic

Exporting Graphics

I'm attempting to export individual parts to a vector graphics program so that I can create and add the ornaments missing in the NWC set. I've tried Coreldraw but grand stave braces and small ties dont import correctly! Also tried Top Draw (my shareware favourite) but notes are displaced vertically on the staff! Metafiles and clipboard inport beautifully into MS Publish but thats not a vector graphics package and symbols drawn using the tools available dont scale well (like graphic crescendo). Has anyone had success with a graphics program I haven't tried.

Re: Exporting Graphics

Reply #1
Barry said <<Metafiles and clipboard inport beautifully into MS Publish but thats not a vector graphics package and symbols drawn using the tools available dont scale well (like graphic crescendo). Has anyone had success with a graphics program I haven't tried.>>

No, but if MSPublisher is working for you, why not use CorelDraw to turn the glissandi etc. from their Music symbols into drawing objects which can then be exported via WMF files (or copied and pasted) into Publisher?

A

Reply #2
Thanks Andrew that works fine. But I'd still like to know if there is a graphics package around that has no problem importing NWC .wmf's.

Reply #3
I tried importing the score as a postscript file into Corel Draw. First you have to install a postscript printer which is connected to file. Now when you print to this printer, you are asked for a file name. Give a name with the extension ps. After this you are able to import this file into Corel as vectors. Now you have the hole page as one group in Corel Draw.

Hope this helps,

Reply #4
I use Adobe Pagemaker 6.5 and find this takes the WMF 'copy' from the clipboard (taken from the NWC 'preview') quite acceptably. Some problem with getting the staves on different pages all the same size, but the graphic can be re-sized easily.